Some of the great features of the Moulds and Shovel –
Outdoor Development Skills
- It is an open-ended medium – children learn the most when faced with open-ended questions and open-ended tasks, and sand is a medium that is inherently open-ended. No matter the skill or cognitive level of the child, sand is an appropriate play object.
- It stretches the imagination – many children find working with sand to be relaxing and non-threatening, allowing these children the freedom to express their imaginations in safety and without consequence.
- Promotes physical development – Muscle skills in the arms and upper bodies of children will be further developed through sand play. By digging, pouring, sifting, and scooping sand with the moulds and shovel, children use their upper bodies and arms in ways that many of their other toys do not require them to work.
- Encourages social skills – When children play together in a common sandbox or at a sand table, they are often faced with problems involving sharing tools, negotiating for play space, and compromising about what will be built in the sand.
- Promotes cognitive development – Children learn the inherent physical properties of sand by playing with it and by comparing wet and dry sand. They can also learn the theory of the conservation of matter as they pour sand from one container into another and compare the amount of sand that fits in each.
- Teaches mathematical concepts – Using containers of varying sizes and shapes helps to teach children about ideas such as “more than,” “less than,” and “equal.”
- Encourages scientific experiments – Bury metal treasures for children and provide magnets. Children will learn about magnetic force while going on a treasure hunt in the sand
- Incorporates artistic expression – Encourage children to draw pictures in the sand, develop elaborate sand castles, and create interesting molds from household objects in addition to buckets.
Shipping and Delivery
- This product will be shipped to you directly from our supplier via their nominated courier service. Postage costs are determined by the supplier and carrier used and not that of Playground Princess.
- Goods do not require a signature on delivery and will be left at your address if you are not home – please ensure you advise a shipping address where someone is always home, or alternatively a business address. We cannot accept any responsibility for packages left at an address, which are then removed/lost/stolen.
- Product deliveries cannot be made to PO Boxes, a physical address is required for purchase of this item.
International Shipping Available