Playground Princess has an ever-growing presence on various social media / networking sites, these include (but are not limited to) Facebook and Twitter. As we are a registered Australian business, guidelines are imposed in regards to social media.
The Federal Court and Advertising Standards Bureau have determined that businesses are responsible for third-party comments posted on their Facebook and Twitter pages, and may be in breach of consumer laws and advertising standards if those comments are misleading or offensive. Thus, Playground Princess will be held liable for comments posted by third-party users on their Facebook and Twitter pages if the comments contravene consumer laws, eg by being misleading and deceptive. Such third-party comments are regarded as advertising or marketing communications under the Australian Association of National Advertisers Code of Ethics (the Code). If those comments are offensive or discriminatory, the business will be found to have breached the Code. We use social media pages to promote our business, and thus we have implemented procedures to regularly monitor user comments and remove any content that is misleading, offensive or discriminatory. Businesses risk penalties, injunctions, negative publicity and damage to their reputation, particularly if they are required to publish corrective notices, and issue letters to their customers, describing the misleading conduct.
To make this community welcoming to all of our fans, we ask that users not post content that is deceptive, defamatory, offensive, or in violation of any law or regulation, and we reserve the right to delete such posts. Additionally, we may delete and/or deal in an alternate forum with postings that are inappropriate, off topic or otherwise interfere with others’ enjoyment or use of this page.
Before you engage with us however, please make sure that your posts and comments adhere to the following guidelines:
- Encourage freedom of expression and the exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
- Use language that would be considered “G” rated, as this is a family friendly page. Swearing, pornographic and offensive content is not acceptable.
- Respect each other: abusive, harassing and defamatory comments, insults and personal attacks should be actively avoided.
- Posts that promote violence, threats and illegal acts or contain pornography, obscene, hate or racist material are inappropriate.
- Trolling which includes posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion will be deemed inappropriate.
- Posts that are considered “Spam” including overly repetitive messages, or repeatedly raises issues that have previously been addressed or non-consensual advertisement are inappropriate.
- Only publish content relevant to the purpose of this page.
- Adhere to all Facebook’s guidelines regarding Facebook use.
- Playground Princess reserves the right to delete any contributions or comments that violate any of the above listed rules.
Finally, a reminder, we regularly run competitions and promotions, however, we ask all customers to keep in mind these are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.